10.31.2008



"Wrestle with God"--Wild Sweet Orange

I decided that if I'm going to write blogs and expect people to read them, I would actually have to read theirs. You know, I have been so busy that I have forgotten about posting. I wish I were one of those people like Amy who was utterly obsessed with posting everyday. I thought that I could pull it off... You know, having one of those uber trendy (yes, I used the word uber) blogs where I would post my deeply intellectual contemplations about the day and everyone would be moved to the point of epiphanies, but lets face it this is yet another one of those pithy blogs where you might say an occasional "yeah." or "right on," as if anyone still says things like that.
Today is Halloween, what am I? A struggling artist; in other words, I'm myself (I know real original, considering I'm wearing my own clothes, and I look like I do everyday). Other ideas for a Halloween Costume:
1. Juno (it's cute and I thought original--I know "there's nothing new under the sun, and if it was that way hundreds of years ago, it in most certainly that way now, but I still like to dream)
2. Bellatrix LeStrange (I figure that while everyone else would go as a witch, I would be specific. But I feared for my hair and the fact people wouldn't understand who I was, I put that on the back burner, until I have a better costume.)
3. Ana Pascal (but I'm not eclectic enough to be her.)
4. McGonagall (but I didn't have the clothes)
5. Chuck (I didn't have the clothes)
So as you can see, I had many choices some better than others (my personal favorite was Bellatrix), but I managed to talk myself out of trying for them all, and now. So today, I am myself... and I am all the better for it.

--grace.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Your lack of titles throws me off, Charlotte. I realize days later that you have posted and have to play make up. But I love you anyway. :)

I'm being a housewife for Halloween. I did the dishes, cleaned the living room, and am sporting my favorite pajamas. ;)

The Deaf Kid said...

The singer for Wild Sweet Orange reminds me of Colin Meloy from the Decemberists, and his band's sound has a Bright Eyes/Wilco sound to its guitar.

Pretty good sound, overall.

Not to ignore the rest of your blog:

It's okay if you don't post every day.

We talked about your costume issues already... I went as Kung Fu Panda (the kids used me as a punching bag all day).

Glad you're yourself.

-Joel