2.13.2009

for the cynic/for the loved

_________________________________________________________________
one of my newest obsessions is making playlists.
so tonight, i decided to make a couple in honor of valentines day (since i promised myself i wouldn't write a pathetic blog about love).

for the cynics:

breaking my heart//aqualung
the boy who blocked his own shot//brand new
therapy//t-pain
how to say goodbye//paul tiernan
congratulations//blue october
lover i don't have to love//bright eyes
you could be happy//snow patrol
nicest things//kate nash
you don't know me at all//ben folds
grace is gone//dave matthews band
i go all to pieces//ray lamontagne
uninvited//alanis morissette
just another suck one the vine//tom waits
we are nowhere and it's now//bright eyes
sing for absolution//muse
glorious ballad of the ignored//pas/cal
why does my heart feel so bad//moby
//

for the loved:

i want to hold your hand//the beatles
before cologne//ben folds
first day of my life//bright eyes
marching bands of manhattan//death cab of cutie
i get a kick out of you//frank sinatra
oh, it is love//hellogoodbye
we were made for each other/you can breathe now//jack's mannequin
all i want is you//barry polisar
brown, brown, brown//paul baribeau
piazza, new york catcher//belle and sebastian
birds//kate nash
i melt with you//modern english
take me there//rascal flatts
i will be your lover too//bobby dupea
watermelon sugar//the robot ate me
wedding dress//sam amidon
madly//tristan prettyman


\\

2 comments:

laurialigns said...

this made me smile, a lot. :)
really great idea. i like both lists, but i think i like the cynic one best, just because, it's more edgy.

The Deaf Kid said...

I like the cynic list better -- not because I'm a cynic (though I am), but because it's actually better music.

Now if that ain't a cynical thing to say....